Thursday, April 19, 2018

When Spanish conquistadors landed on the shores of Aztec South America, they were greeted with awe and wonder; their shining metal armour masquerading them as Gods.

With as little narcissism as physically possible, I could imagine myself in this scenario as I stroll across the playground of Liceo La Paz, the school which I am both teaching and living in. The shining eyes of six/seven year olds as they shout "Lucy!", their little legs hurtling themselves towards me as they erratically wave and declare "Hello! Hello! Hello" and throw their arms around my neck in groups of five to ten at a time. They interrogate me on my favourite colours/animals/food/toys and whether I like spiders/swimming/anything, telling me frantically theirs.

The older children, while not as physically affectionate, create pictures for me in their spare time - all of which I have stuck on my wall.

Indeed, the appreciation exerted by the children towards me is one of the most wonderful feelings I have ever felt, and I am excited to continue to develop a relationship through further lessons.

I shall leave you with pride as I present to you my current collection of gifts from students.


Lucy
(Lu Goo)

1 comment:

  1. It's really nice that the children can show affection to the teachers and vice versa. We just can't do that in England any more.

    ReplyDelete