Thursday, April 19, 2018

The magic of stickers 😁

A few words for what has been an exciting week so far. Arriving in A Coruna, I settled into the accommodation and discovered that the school i am spending the next month in is a few steps from our rooms.

It is a large school with over 2,000 pupils and 150 teachers!!! I am teaching four sets of 10 year olds English and covering extra English classes during lunch. After observing for a few days it was my turn to teach. The text books are straight forward, but dull: a great opportunity to put games and activities into action.


I struggle with classroom style as it is very relaxed. Pupils are allowed to speak in class and noise can be a problem.  Adapting to different teaching environments is all part of the journey, however, after a few classes I won the battle of whispering v speaking out loud - compromise is the key!! The most successful lesson to date was the introduction of smiley face stickers. I can honestly says the motivation of stickers improves class management and enthusiasm for the language.


2 comments: