Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Godella Gentleman

The first week here has been a tough week of challenges and adventures. Living in the suburb of Godella, my balcony looks out towards the city and the semi arid landscape. My apartment is functional and clean, and I am lucky to have considerate housemates. The school has been quite a challenge with many different classes of different levels, I am excited to begin teaching for longer and to get organised. In our free time we have explored the streets of Valencia at night ( tried to fix a lady's bike) and went to the central park. Tried Tapas and Paella making, as well as Hochanda ( a drink made from tiger nuts). I also met my first bull fighter in one of my classes. The teachers have been really supportive and understanding of how big this transition is. In my next post I hope to add pictures to liven this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment