Sunday, April 22, 2018

99 Problems and Valencia "ain't" one !

So, I've never ever written a blog before so be patient and don't chuck whatever you're reading this from on the floor or out the window ๐Ÿ˜…. Regardless the outcome, I hope you enjoy!

Chester > hotel > Gatwick > hotel > Gatwick > Toilet > Plane > Alicante! > Valencia

The Familia
Alicante
So, whilst many people were annoyed and feeling lethargic after our ecstatic adventure on actually boarding a plane ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‘, I was relatively calm as we got to spend an extra day with our hermanos and hermanes. During the short time we had in Alicante, some of us spent the hour or so exploring the vast wilderness (garden) or reach a beach using some conventional methods๐Ÿ˜….
Not bad picture ayy ;)


Godella, Valencia

Okay, It's no secret that my school is quite close to me (about a 3min walk or a 55 second run depending on what I eat the night before) but the focal point of this story is that I am indeed lucky as some of my fellow compadres have longer distances between their accommodation and their school. Talking of schools, did you know that I can see my school from my balcony!? This also Segways to my next bit of pointless information, yes we have a balcony and the view is muy bien. The mornings are beautiful and call it weird if you want but I do find myself just standing and admiring the view for a minute or two by myself.
It's in these special moments, you really have to pinch yourself and be reminded that you are fortunate enough to be here and indeed not so fortunate to be teaching delinquent teens ๐Ÿ˜…, but honestly, I am happy thus far!

I think it's time to ramble on about my school because my god is it beautiful. As for those that live under a rock or spend their days counting stones in a cave, my school is a Christian mixed school that teaches from kindergarten to baccalaureate (12-17). The interior of the school has a modern and old church vibe and aesthetic whilst the outside, the buildings remain intact from 100s of years of constant change.
The school has an enormous garden!
The teachers and students have all been so kind and lovely thus far. Everywhere I walk I am constantly bombarded with questions such as "Do you play fortnite?" "Do you like Nirvana?" Strange that. However, on my 3rd day in the school, I was invited to the school's annual theatre show. As we walked to the theatre with the students, the local policia blocked half of Godella just for us ๐Ÿ˜„. The play, on the other hand, was in complete Espanyol, so I was just sitting there with a really confused face 0___0. Regardless, the play was amazing from start to finish and the solo ballet pieces were really impressive.
Please tilt your head sideways...

Anyways, I could probably type for Britain so I'm just going to leave this post with a few pictures!

P.S, I miss the Coruna group =/

Adios.




Reminds me of a scene in Annabelle
Tapas !






1 comment:

  1. Brilliant photos and I love the way you write Amar - your positivity shines through!

    ReplyDelete