Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Straight 'outta' cooking class !

So, last week the Valencia gang had a Paella cooking class together! Now, to be perfectly honest, I cannot cook to save my life however, I can bake! So as you can tell I was pretty much skeptical and nervous coming into this. Fast forward an hour and the food we created was just pure brilliance. So before creating the Paella, we were divided into 5 teams - a team responsible for making both Paella's (vegetarian and meat), gazpacho, sangria, and cake! Fortunately, I was guided by a cool chef and my cool compadres so things went relatively smooth.
Firstly, I want to add that prior to the cooking class I'd never actually eaten a paella before so I was excited and curious at the same time. But my god was it tasty! The rice was moist and the juice of the meat had soaked up with the rice to create a perfect taste. The vegetables complemented the dish well and there was no need for any sauces, salt or pepper - it was seasoned perfectly. Now, I'm as carnivorous as the T-rex because I love my meat dishes BUT, I'll be perfectly honest with you when I say that I actually preferred the vegetarian Paella dish. It was strange because myself and Hollie had finished our meat paella and we both were contemplating if we should actually try the veggie option and indeed we did. As I rounded up the Paella onto my Spanish spoon, I closed my eyes and proceeded to take my first spoonful. What followed next was a mixture of bursting flavors which put my taste buds into overdrive. The scrumptious, mouthwatering, eyewatering, whatever-watering taste was just beyond heavenly.
The Sangria, Gazpacho, and cake were really good too, but for me, the focal point of today's blog is the Paella. It's something that I will cherish for a long time, making food with amazing people and trying Paella with them for the first time.
Visually more appealing!

Oh, we also walked through the park in Valencia, rode some water-bikes? eat some tapas and I tried horchata (Tiger nut milk).

Anyway,
Until next time ;)

Btw, all the titles of my blogs will be edited song names! See if you can guess what the original song or album is ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment