Sunday, May 6, 2018

First impressions - A Coruña

A Coruña is a fusion of an Orwellian universe and a Celtic land with a Roman history, on the 

Atlantic part of a Mediterranean country. Ugly as its tall, stiff blocks of flats are, you have 

splendid beaches to compensate for the town's unimpressive architecture. But, if anyone ever 

claimed that this historic Galician town is not appealing or enjoyable, they would be a liar. I am 

many things -stubborn, weird, Greek- but a liar I am not. 

My first week in A Coruña has been pleasing in so many different ways. Food-wise, my 

Mediterranean palate is happy, since all the tastes are familiar, plus I had the chance to try fresh 

scallops, a gastronomic experience that

 left me with the best of impressions! The school I am teaching has a relaxed atmosphere and the teachers 
I work with are all very helpful and giving me all the space I need to practice my skills. Teaching 
7 year-olds and 13 and 14 year-olds, presents different kinds of challenges in the classroom management 
section. The teenagers in particular are harder to control, but I am not intimidated. 
Last but definitely not least, there are 13 other creatures here with whom I am sharing this experience in a much enjoyable way. Going for coffee and beer, having lunch and dinner together and playing football again after nearly fifteen years are all things I welcome with a warm heart. 

A Coruña is a lovely place and I'm glad to be here.









No comments:

Post a Comment